مَا يَفْتَحِ اللَّهُ لِلنَّاسِ مِن رَّحْمَةٍ فَلا مُمْسِكَ لَهَا وَمَا يُمْسِكْ فَلا مُرْسِلَ لَهُ مِن بَعْدِهِ وَهُوَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ
How to grind Ajwah Date Stones ?
Ajwah stones are a cure for heart, read the article below :
Grinding Ajwah stones / dates stones is difficult. For softening them, some people soak the stones in water for few days but by doing so; a part of those nutrients will be wasted. We provide the best method (step by step) of preparing the powder as under :
- Soaking the stones in water is never necessary.
- Collect at least 1.5 ~ 2 kg of stones; this is essential because the milling machine needs a considerable quantity to fill the grinding chamber.
- At medium to low flame, dry roast the stones in a pot without adding any oil, keep stirring the stones so that those at the bottom do not over-burn. You can see in the attached pictures that QITMEER (the fragile protective layer over the stone) is still available; it also helps to save the stones from over-roasting. Keep roasting the stones for 20 ~ 30 minutes. Once their moisture content reduces, you will feel that stirring them has become easier with lesser arm-force required, this is the indication that roasting is almost done, switch off the flame.
- Sieve them properly to take out the burnt QITMEER.
- Grinding the stones at your kitchen is very difficult; best is to take them at a flour mill.
- There are 2 kinds of milling machines, one of them has a metal sieve and this type is popular for grinding herbs, other kind is the patent mill for grinding wheat and it has the rollers. It is my experience that machine used for preparing wheat flour gives a better result for grinding Ajwah stones, & then you have to train the operator for getting a nice / fine powder.
From the attached pictures, you can see the beautiful pinkish shade of powder, this exhibits that roasting has been done perfectly. Over-roasting imparts a darker color to Ajwah stones powder; some commercial packings were seen with color resembling that of coffee, we never recommend the over-burnt grade as it will have an inferior quality.
It is Allah’s Will that AJWAH only grows in Madinah & some of its surrounding areas; Ajwah stones from Madinah can’t fulfill the global demand; so wherever you are located, just collect stones from any kind of dates & prepare their powder, they will definitely provide the healing for your heart Insha’Allah.
Roasting the stones is a simple process shown at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMPAQuIsGvY