اللَّهُمَّ فَالِقَ الإصْبَاحِ، وجَاعِلَ اللَّيْلِ سَكَناً, والشَّمْسَ والقَمَرَ حُسْباناً، اقْضَ عنِّي الدّيْنَ، واغنِني من الفَقْرِ وقَوِّني على الجِهَادِ في سبيِلكَ
Hais with Cottage Cheese & Dates
I have been making Hais of Barley’s Saweeq (Sattu) with dates & ghee.
With Halal Cottage Cheese, I tried the other version of Hais & the recipe is an under :
- You will need 3 liters of milk to have 500 grams of Halal Cottage Cheese. Boil the milk, add vinegar or lemon juice, sieve the coagulated curds & wash with cold water.
- You also need 500 grams of pitted dates, never throw away the stones; they are the healing for a sick heart.
- Blend dates & cheese together in a food processor, and you will get the Kalaqand type texture, you can eat the mixture right now, and it is ready. I know that you can’t wait. And you may add some Date stones powder.
- It is better to fry this Hais in Ghee or butter, along with a tablespoon of date stones powder; you may add some nuts as well.
- When the Hais turns brown, spread out in a tray & cut in cubes with a knife. And you may decorate the top withnuts, OR make round balls & coat with Fennel & Sesame seeds.
This HAIS will bring you back the memories of Prophet Muhammad Sallallaho Alaihe Wasallam. What a relation it has with the seal of Prophets, & I hope that you will give it a preference over other sweets which you purchase from the market, serve it to your parents, your guests & to your wife & children.
Once I made this Hais with cheese brought from the market, but that Cheese gave a very bad smell when heated & it was spoiled.
Made with a different variety of DATES that were more Brownish